There are many ways you can take action in the fight against aging. You can:
- Join Our Community
- Promote the Campaign Against Aging
- Get Involved in Research
- Help Related Organizations
- Register with the CAA
- Participate in our forum
- Fan us on Facebook
- View our videos on YouTube
- Follow our tweets on Twitter
- Friend us on MySpace
Donate money so we can continue our work. If a particular project we are working on or have planned interests you, you can donate directly toward that project by telling us where you want your donation to go in the comments section just before you send your donation. If you do not specify a particular project, your donation will go into our general fund which we use to support our projects as needed. Currently, the CAA has no paid staff. We also have a page that lists our donations and expenses.
NOTE: We are awaiting nonprofit status with the state of California (to confirm, type "Campaign Against Aging" in the "Organization Name" search field at the state's Registry of Charitable Trusts) and in the process of applying for federal 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
The fees associated with applying for nonprofit status are about $350. Your donations will help us pay these fees.
- Become a fan of the CAA on Facebook and suggest us to your friends
- Distribute CAA business cards (they are not individual-specific and we would be happy to send you any amount) and flyers
- Link to us from your blog or website
- Participate in our flyer and YouTube video distribution contests to win cash prizes
- Show your support with a personal message to be shown at the top of each page
- Talk to your friends, family, colleagues, and even strangers about the fight against aging and mention that more information is available on our website
- Write about us on your blog or social network
Volunteer your time and skills in the following areas:
- Language translation
- Marketing material design
- Small-scale do-it-yourself biology (DIYbio) projects
- Video production
- Web development
- Summarizing books on the biology of aging
- Writing educational material on the biology of aging
If you know of any other way you can volunteer, please contact us.
- If you are an undergraduate student, consider selecting electives that will give you skills that can be used to help fight aging. A list of other suggestions will be available soon.
- If you are a DIYbio expert, please contact us.
- A good place to start for anyone is to read the book, Ending Aging, by Dr. Aubrey de Grey and Michael Rae.
- The SENS Foundation also has a list of suggestions for undergraduate students, graduate students or current postdocs in biology or medicine, and biologists on its "Other Ways to Help" page.
There are other organizations involved in fighting aging that share our goals. Each organization has somewhat different strategies and short-term objectives.